Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A GREAT WAY TO START THE DAY

Everyone tells you that breakfast is the most important meal of your day. I find half the battle is actually wanting to eat the same thing every morning!

I decided to make my own personalized Oatmeal. You can always get the instant Oatmeal mixed with pre-sorted levels of sugars, nuts and fruits--but making your own mix is very satisfying--and you can control the amount of sugar that you consume--an healthful thought since most of the pre-packaged stuff contains a lot of it!

I make a blend now that is very appropriate for Fall. It smells like the season and is so delicious, I have to stop myself from eating it twice a day!

1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 cup Water
Dash of Sea Salt

1 Tblsp of Light Brown Sugar
1/4 Tsp of Ground Cinammon
1 pinch of Nutmeg
1 tinier pinch of Ground Cloves

Palmful of Slivered/Sliced Blanched Almonds

  • Combine 1/2 cup of Rolled Oats, 1 cup of Water and Dash of Salt in a Microwave-safe Bowl. Microwave on High for 3 minutes.
  • Add Almonds, 1 Tblsp of Light Brown Sugar, 1 Tsp of Ground Cinammon, Nutmeg and Ground Cloves. Stir. Enjoy!

No comments: