Monday, March 10, 2008

SIMPLE STAPLE SALAD

Salads sort of intimdate me. I don't know what it is about them, but I almost always feel that they are more delicious served to me in a restaurant then when I try to make them at home! I don't know if you have that problem too, but it seems everytime I purchase Mixed Greens they never get used and just sit in the Fridge until, a few weeks later, I discover them with disgust and throw them out!

This viscious cycle had to stop. And stop it did as I purchased Mixed Greens this weekend and we ate ALL OF IT. And the reason we did is because I reazlied that Mixed Greens are delicious on their own, just dressed very simply, and that is trick to making salads a part of your everyday life at home. So use this simple outline for dressing your Greens!


SIMPLE STAPLE SALAD

Mixed Greens/Spinach/Arugla--whatever Green you prefer

EVOO
Balsalmic Vinegar
Salt
Ground Pepper
Honey

*Lemon--or guess what? I realized that you can dress this salad with whatever Fruit Juice you prefer! Citrus always works well--so Lemon is a staple, very clean and light. But I got fancy and used an Orange--and it was delicous! I'd venture to say that Lime would work too & probably something exotic like Pineapple or Guava--just use whatever you have sitting around!

1. Place your Greens in a Salad Bowl. Drizzle lightly with EVOO. Splash lightly with Balsalmic Vinegar. Sprinkle (actually not too lightly) with Salt. Sprinkle with Pepper. Drizzle with Honey. Add a few squeezes or splashes of your fruit of the day--Lemon, Lime, Mango--whatever!

2. Mix and serve! If not serving right away, store in Fridge to chill.

**See--so simple!

No comments: